The History Commission of the U.S. National Section is led by Dr. Erick D. Langer, School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University.
Additional History Commission Members include:
- Dr. Evan Ward, Brigham Young University
- Dr. James Siekmeier, West Virginia University
- Dr. Juana Moriel-Payne, University of Texas at El Paso
- Timothy Schultz, United States Southern Command
- Dr. Thomas C. Field, Jr., Embry-Riddle University
The aims of the History Commission are to
- Plan, conduct, and publish historical works on the Western Hemisphere experience.
- Contribute to the conservation of archaeological sites and historical monuments in the Americas.
- Promote the organization, preservation, and arrangement historical archives and museums.
- Supervise the publication of the PAIGH historical journal, Revista de Historia de América.
- Promote cooperation among individuals and institutions dedicated to studying the history of the Americas, as well as with related international organizations.
Recent activities of the History Commission include
- Evaluation and storage of U.S. History Commission archives
- Editing, with Patricia Galeana and Andre Figueiredo Rodrigues, History of the Americas/Historia de América/Historia da América